Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Making Artistic Careers Lucrative





I got tingles down my spine tonight when I read this article from nytimes. Working in a creative field and making a living at it is the dream. Point: there's only room for a handful at the top. Indeed, few of us will become massively successful conceptual painters with solo shows at SFMOMA, but many of us have a rock solid chance of making a fulfilling career where we don't starve and can maybe afford a side trip to San Francisco without having to mortgage out your cat to fund the damn trip (ermm...). Have faith, my creative, unable-to-stomach-the-temp-job-anymore friends! You can do good work and not sell out!

Tips and tricks? Post freely.

2 comments:

Scott Free said...

I randomly came across you blog and read the last posted article. It was exactly what I needed at the time. Isn't it funny how the universe works! I'm a writer and have been trying to figure out the best way to get my work published. Thanks for the inspiring words...and the article.

Anonymous said...

learn programming : http://www.luckdao.com/

http://www.luckdao.com/plus/sitemap.html
Learn programming languages such as C/C++, C#, Java,delphi,vb,vb.net Pascal and Web Development